Since Christmas my husband and I have been on a health streak. We have been eating healthy and as of today, we have started going to the gym. That is a story for another time. But with this new adventure in the life of “let’s stay home all day and do nothing, eat like were animals and who cares”. I have to say that I’m extremely proud of The Husband and I. We have done well and we plan on keeping it that way. Though we have made many changes to our life, we’ve made most of them in the kitchen, finding new ways to eat healthy.
The idea of eating healthy is much easier said than done. But today I wanted to share with you how I turned our unhealthy spaghetti night into something more healthy and more importantly, the boys loved. We are a big fan of Ragu and already had some in the pantry. That’s when I decided to make a one-pot pasta dinner using the flavors of Ragu to spice it up and turn something boring into something extraordinary.
Healthy one-pot pasta dinner!
- Half a white onion
- Bell Pepper
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- Veggie noodles
- First you will want to cook your turkey meat. Add a little of salt (garlic salt) and pepper.
- Cut your onion and bell pepper.
- Once your turkey is cooked, drain the leftover grease, then add your onion, bell pepper, and noodles to your pot.
- Add your Ragu sauce, mix and stir.
- Add 2/3 cup of water, bring the pot to a boil, mix, place on medium heat and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.