A couple of weeks ago the family decided to take a last vacation before school started. We loaded up into the Equinox and headed to a house off the coast.
Before we get to all the fun of our trip, I wanted to share some of the unique and my favorite features the Equinox has with you.
My favorite feature had to be the Rear Seat Reminder. The first time it went off I was a little shocked because I thought it was telling me I left the keys in the car. Next came a huge smile.
Did you know that on average 37 children die each year from being left in a hot car? I know living in Texas the temperature gets so high that even 2 minutes in a hot car can cause a heat stroke on an adult. I think that even if this feature can save even one life, it’s more than worth it. One feature I wish every car had.
My second favorite feature would have to be the 4G LTE Wifi. When on our trip we hit many dead spots and had no service. However, with the Wifi included in the Equinox, I was still able to share fun photos of our trip online with family and friends.
Check out all the features the Equinox has.
Rear Seat Reminder: Alerts parents/drivers to remind them to check the backseat when they exit the car, so that they don’t leave anything back there. As we approach summer and the hotter months shortly, this technology becomes especially important.
· Teen Driver: A password-protected, “digital report card” for parents that displays a rundown of the teen’s driving habits on the vehicle’s screen. It records fastest speed, how many times safety features are activated and mutes the music if seatbelts are unbuckled.
· Family Link: Lets parents view the car’s location on a map or receive email or text alerts with the car’s location at a specific time. It even allows parents to set a location or radius a vehicle should always be in and sends an alert when the boundary is violated.
· Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning: Lane Keep Assist provides gentle steering wheel turns (and Lane Departure alerts if necessary) to help drivers avoid unintentionally drifting out of their lane.
· 360 Surround Vision Camera: Surround Vision, a technology that provides a literal look at the 2018 Equinox’s perimeter. This available system uses strategically located cameras on all sides of the vehicle to provide a 360-degree bird’s-eye view of the vehicle, helping drivers quickly view the surrounding area at a glance. More information on this feature can be found here.
· 4G LTE Wi-Fi availability: This feature allows you to stay connected on the road, Skype or video chat, stay on top of work if needed, and stream movies, etc. from the road. Can connect 7 devices at once – that means your family will be entertained and can download movies, TV shows or books to your device on the road without using any data!
Back to our trip. Being on a limited budget, this was the only trip we were able to take as a family. From going to the beach to spending the day at the pool and hitting up the pier we made many memories.
When deciding which beach we wanted to go to we took into consideration time, but most importantly we decided to take the route that had a ferry included. The kids had never been on a ferry, and we wanted to make our trip as memorable as possible.
Ryan and I sitting in the car on the ferry.
One of my favorite parts about the Equinox had to be the massive sun roof. It was almost as if we had our very own convertible.
Something to consider, if you are out and about with the kids and were unfortunate enough to have an accident its a good idea to have a lawyer at hand. Davis Saperstein & Salomon P.C. were so helpful for my friend who was got caught up in an accident, its worth checking out. I’m more than ready to take our next trip and will be looking to Chevrolet for every trip.
What did you do this summer?