Did you know that Michales now has a free Fall cookie decorating class? I didn’t until my friend Amy invited me for a fun girls night of cookie decorating. I’m here to show you what we learned and how we decorated our cookies.
Things you will need!
- Homemade sugar cookies.
- Round tip 3. You can also use any other tip for more fun!
- Icing. You can use homemade icing or Wilton also has an amazing icing that is famous for decorating cookies.
- Wilton Color Mist. I used Gold, Pink, Orange and Yellow
- Food Coloring
- 3-6 round cookies (we used sugar cookies)
- Confectioners’ sugar
- cups or bowls for mixing icing and color
- Decorator bags
- parchment paper
Before you start mixing your color in your icing, make sure to cover the top of your cookies with a thick or thick layer of white icing.
Mix your colors (we used brown for Fall) and place into your decorating bags with tips. You want your icing to be a little thicker, not too thin to where it falls out of your bag.
Here comes the fun part. Take your cookies, spray your Wilton color mist as you please and start adding your Fall decorations on top. I loved spraying the Gold mist on top of the brown. It gave it a nice golden finish.
Don’t forget to check out your local Michales to see if they have a fun free food craft class. Amy and I had a blast and I can’t wait to see what they will be offering next month. The time is now. Check it out!
This post contains affiliate links.