Boo! Did I get you? No, that’s ok. It’s coming.
As Halloween gets closer and closer, I’m having more and more fun not only decorating but baking and BOOing too. My children are loving it, talk about needed to make a dentist appointment! Having so many friends and family all of who I want to join in the fun with me. I’ve decided to capture the joy of Halloween and create BOO Kits for everyone. What is a BOO Kit you ask? Let me show you.
First things first. In my BOO Kit, you can’t have a complete Boo Kit without some baking, so I’ve decided to make a dark chocolate cupcake to accompany my BOOing.
What you will need to make your dark chocolate cupcakes.
- Mars Candy
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1.5 cups of granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of brewed coffee (just use your favorite coffee)
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Your favorite chocolate icing.
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a mixing bowl, KitchenAid (whichever you use) mix your butter and sugar until nice and fluffy. Once fluffy add your eggs one at a time. Make sure each egg is well mixed in before adding another.
- In a separate bowl, you will want to mix the cocoa, flour, and baking soda until all are well mixed.
- Ok, people, one more bowl here! (I know, we are making a mess)
- Stir together buttermilk and coffee. Mix thoroughly
- Now you will want to mix all together. Mix in about a third of the dry ingredients, then buttermilk and coffee, repeat until all in blended well.
- Pull out your cupcake pan, fill your liners, poor half full with cake batter then place your favorite MARs candy in the center. Poor the rest of your batter to the top.
- Back for 15-20 min. Use a toothpick to check the if cupcake is thoroughly cooked.
- Add needed time or not.
Now onto my BOO Kit! I wanted to make this as fun as possible, so I have to think of the children in most homes. I mean really, besides the candy most of the fun is had by the children, right? I headed out to Walmart and bought some fun Halloween toys, a pumpkin (so the parents have to carve something). A carving kit, Sunkist®, 7Up®, and a ton of Mars Chocolate Mix Fun Size mini candies to go along with the cupcakes.
Here is an awesome coupon for you to get Save $2.00 on on ONE (1) 6pk 8oz Cans or TWO (2) 2L and 2 bags of Mars® Candy.
Making the BOO Kit was quite simple. First you will need something to hold everything together. I used this basket that I had around my house. I first placed my pumpkin and some Halloween toys at the bottom. Filled my jack-o-lantern basket full of candy from my Chocolate Mix Fun Size. Placed my Sunkist® and 7Up® along with my two Halloween-inspired cups on top! Throw on some more fun toys to fill in the blank spots and there it is. Your very own Boo Kit.
Don’t forget to print out your very own BOO-Kit note for you to use! Cut out this “We’ve been BOO’d sign. Fold the “You’ve been BOO’d” greeting card (page 2) and tape openings together. Include the card and sign when gifting BOO bundles.
There you have it! A fun, leave at the door, BOO Kit. Perfect for all ages and a perfect way for parents to get in the giving spirit and have fun with their children. I’d love to see what all you come up with this Halloween and how you have decided to create your very own BOO Kits.